Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Silly about Spring & my new Wreath!!!

Spring has definitely sprung and I can't seem to make myself stay inside for too long. Lavender and I find just about any reason to be out in the lovely lovely, not too hot yet weather.....we pull weeds, inspect the pea gravel, wash the car (to no avail... pollen everywhere!) and take many many walks.

I am discovering that this little one is quite like her mama when it comes to the outdoors... she begs to go outside, reaching for the door and when she gets out there I catch her kissing our pretty red bud tree and giving it a big hug... What a tree hugger! ha

Anyway... all these lovely days inspire me... to plant flowers (I know the violas won't last too long, but hey... so pretty!), to make a new foam flower wreath for the door, to not pull the dandelion "weed" that is growing in my rose bush, and to enjoy the gentle "spring snow" that falls from the Bradford pear trees as the wind blows. Walking in these little white petals makes me feel like a garden nymph!

And Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth's dark breast
rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.
~Percy Bysshe Shelley, "The Sensitive Plant"