Saturday, August 11, 2007

Without further delay...

NEW WORKS!!!
As you can see, this little girl has been buzz buzz buzzing away in the studio. The Women's Clothesline show is well on it's way and I want to show all new works.

I have had a bit of an epiphany about my art as of late...
And it is simply this...
I don't think I can keep toiling away on such serious subject matter (like the "righteous man" portrait series) and be content right now.

I've realized that my everyday is filled with stories of little girls or animals learning new things and having grand adventures in great lands...
And I really like that. I love the way my little girl has softened the world around me. I want to make work that reflects this... that takes people to other worlds and inspires them.
So here is the result of such thinking. More works to come!