Sunday, April 08, 2007

A New Work

Here is the latest piece for my new portrait series... it is entitled Mt. 5:6 and it is a portrait of JR, my friend and the pastor of ERPC.

I feel a bit mixed about this one... the colors and composition seemed to turn out ok, but the pencil drawing could be better... I liked the piece this afternoon for awhile... now I think it should have been better... but this is always how I feel when I reach the end of a work. I guess that's why I just don't get it when artists want to keep the art and "have trouble letting it go." I just don't get it... I would prefer that each piece I finished flew off to another country about an hour after its completion.

Anyways, here it is... another one down... more to come.

And for Kate and Cat... the tip about the Acrylic Gloss Medium rocked... you saved my bum and the many hours I put into this piece. Thanks, girls!