Monday, June 04, 2007

Last night's Feature

Last night we checked out this flick, it's called Fur..... Yes, I know, Fur.... ummmm hmmmm... uncomfortable sounding title, eh??? Well, the title is appropriate. The film has a constant uneasiness that sneaks its way through just about every frame...

But, I liked it.

This flick has some tricky subject matter (probably not a good idea to watch with tha kiddos... very intimate subject matter), but it has so much to enjoy... this movie is for artists or art lovers... for those who love texture... for those people who ponder how their favorite artists might really have lived their life... this movie is for someone who has a fantastic imagination and loves Alice in Wonderland...

altogether very enjoyable for me.... although I absolutely did not feel or respond to the main character the way I think the director was intending the audience to respond.
I, unlike my hubbie, don't really care too much about that... I want what I want out of a film and that seems to be that for me... however, Josh - a film connoisseur, finds this situation to mean that the film missed the mark and was not successful... and ya know, he's right I'm sure... I think I just take what I like and leave the rest (I know this is not a cohesive, thorough or dedicated way to view films... but this is what happens in my head).

One last thing... Josh and I thought that there were some shots that looked a little "Lifetime TVish" which was sooo strange to see after with some very Lynchian camera work...

Watch it and tell me what ya think!