Tuesday, January 16, 2007

very Inconvenient

So this was one of the films we watched over the weekend.

I have to say that if you haven't seen this one yet, you might really want to check it out. I know the subject matter in this film is sensitive for a lot of people, however I think that their is a lot of well documented information that is pretty crucial to our understanding of the events of the past couple of years...

And yes, yes, I will warn you that the film is littered with propaganda and partisan politics... however, I think that the film is still successful in conveying its overall point - that global warming is real and that our environment is responding catastrophically to our over consumption.

Perhaps this film is particularly relevant to me since Joshers and I had a front row view of the onslaught of the hurricanes that wailed on Florida in 2004 and 2005.... or perhaps it is b.c I always feel an incredible amount of guilt for not assisting with the Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in some way, shape or form...especially after witnessing FEMA's lack of basic managerial coordination skills when cleaning up in Florida. I could tell you loads of hilarious and absurd stories about Josh's experience working with FEMA and my own in coordinating temp workers to work with FEMA... but I save those for bonfire chats.

yep. i guess that's all folks!