Monday, January 26, 2009

The Divine Pause Button

 
I find that there is often a love hate relationship with technology running through these veins... sometimes I love love love the connectedness that this computer with its blogs and facebooks and websites yields.... so current, so convenient... so today. And then there are the other times...  times when I think that the "connectedness" of the online community doesn't really touch anything of the essence of community and what that truly means. And this feeling that perhaps we would all be better off if we actually went to visit one another instead of sitting down in front of our monitors seeps right in. 
Sometimes it is just hard to be okay with connecting with others via these means...
As you have probably guessed I have just gone through one of these "ugh - the computer" spells. I find that this bloggie of mine has two very different effects... it causes either a verbal purge or a unintended vow of silence. Most of the time when I get in front of the computa I only mean to write one or two lines and then find myself rooted to the desk a half hour later. And then there are the other times when I sit down and deciding to write any little thing at all is like trying to pry open an oyster or something. 
Now that that is out of the way... 
Things have been good here, but seem to be moving both fast and slow if that makes any sense. Art projects keep getting almost finished and put on hold waiting for supplies, or printing processes or for kids to vacate the studio. The search for educational options for the girls has begun, but you just can only do so much research that is truly helpful in one day.  There are lots of things that seem to go on and off, starting and stopping... I think once you enter parenthood there is some divine pause button that keeps getting pushed on and off and on and off. But alas, we are trying...
One last thing. 
Last week we got in the car and NPR was on again. They were reporting on OBama's plan for immigration and Lavender pipes up and says "Our Pres Dent sure does talk a lot outside!" 
I guess the inauguration ceremony made some sort of impact!!!