Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Clothesline 09











So Clothesline has come to a close this fall and now that the dust has settled and all my post it note to do lists have made their way to the trash bin, I look back on all that it was this go around.
I know that there has been a lot of buzz about the show, but I could not resist putting a few pics up and adding my little ol' 2 cents.

I gotta say that this Clothesline really was a success...
There was quite a big turn out for the event both at the opening reception as well as Saturday afternoon and we all have quite a bit to be thankful for with our sales.
But ya know, the thing I always find myself dwelling in around this time of year, is the fact that there is just no other art show quite like this one. There is no other art event I have ever attended that has felt this warm... this welcoming. There is no other art event I have ever been involved in that truly extends hospitality. I just think that there is something so lovely about a beautiful home, like the Krichbaum house, opening its doors to the public and allowing them the freedom to sit down, relax and take in the work for as long as you need. It is just so very different from your typical white walled art gallery and so very refreshing.

I guess I just love Clothesline for all that it is... and all that it isn't.

Thank you all for coming out to support the women of Clothesline. It has been a privilege to share our lives and work with you!
I have placed the works that have not yet found new homes in my online shop... Check it out! www.tumbleweed240.etsy.com