Thursday, February 07, 2008

sicky sicky


yep... sickness hits again.
now that we have weathered the croup and countless coughs and colds, I have somehow picked up the flu. it's been a long time since I had the flu and it is just no fun at all... I feel like the little sick kid in this painting. Being sick makes you just want your mom no matter how old you are, right?

anyways... i just wanted to share this work of art b.c. it makes me get out of my head and remember that people have been getting sick and making thru to good health for a very long time. And no matter how dreadful and isolating it makes you feel, it WILL end!!

And one more thing... I just wanted to say that I have the most incredible mom ever... she has braved entering my cootie filled house and helped me with the kiddos for the past 2 days. Thanks, Mom... so much thankfulness fils my heart for you... i love you so!

the low down on the painting, for you art buffs out there...

Mother and Sick Child, Holland, 1600s. This painting was done by the Flemish painter, Gabriel Metsu, and is commonly known as "The Sick Child". The painting is located in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.