Monday, April 14, 2008

We BACK!

So we went on our first fam vaca last week... aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. so lovely... words fall very short. nevertheless, i'll try to relate at least a little of our adventures.

we headed to the mountains of North Carolina to a sweet little cabin by a wooded stream where the Kirby clan eagerly awaited us. smile smile.

We had a week full of fly fishing, rock throwing, river watching, kite flying goodness sprinkled with moments of tenderness and good conversation. There was no computas, no cell phones (that worked - YAY) and a tv that very rarely produced the adventures of Dora and the Backyardigans.

I didn't realize how much I needed a techy detox. I just can't express how much more enjoyable life is when you spend your time actually talking and just being with one another. It made me realize how much I love my family and just how much fun it is to be reunited with our other half... the kirby crew. i just love ya'll...

It's amazing how fast and slow it all seemed to go. I feel like I was gone for a month, yet nothing much seems to reflect changes that I feel inside... thankfulness and a persistant awareness of the importance of treasuring all your tiny moments with your fam. I hope the "shoulds" of life stay in their proper place... closer to the bottom of the priority list. more words and pics lata... i'm gonna go read a story to the Laughfer now. we out