Thursday, September 04, 2008

Thank you, broken truck!

so ye ol' truckie has been on the blitzers for the past week... ergh.
the funny thing is that I have a broken truck to thank for my new favorite time of the day.
The late afternoons have quickly become the highlight of my past week... not only do I get to pick up my Sweet love from workie, but we have begun this ritual of taking a walk around the big lovely lake at Joshers work.
I know to most people this would not sound like much, but to me it is the best part of my day.
I guess its because it is an uncluttered time that seems to gently bring the days joys and disappointments right to the surface.

Of course, these convos are intermingled with proclamations of "watch this mom!" and "look at that goosie, dad!" --- yep, i know it sounds so Beaver Cleaver, but hey... this is the wholesomest (is that a word??) time in my life and I am content to soak it in as long as it lasts.

Who knew a simple walk could be such a source of happiness???

Thank you, broken truck!